Monday 19 November 2007

Scam Or No Scam, That is the Question?

Have you been the victim of a scam? perhaps you were scammed into buying a product or maybe sending money only to find the website doesn't exist, or something that is supposed to be free, then it turns out you have to pay to register to get the free item, if you have, then take a look here,Wah Watchdog, they track about a hundred sites and you can vote on them to say if you personally think they are no good or they are ok. You can also add a site you think is ok or you think is a scam.

Personally it really f.... me off, excuse the outburst, to find I am expected to join or register for a price! when I went to the site because of the free deal.I would rather know up front that it will cost me to join the site & how much, then I can decide if I want to join or not and I want to know before I am half way through the process.
I know what the site owners will say, "these sites have to be paid for someway", and I can appreciate that, but why try to con people into paying to join a site with free gifts etc, tell them how much it will cost them and then make sure the site gives them value for money, that way people will pay and keep returning to buy again.

Now a WARNING for everyone... do not get involved with a e-mail known as- The Nigerian Letter- it will try to get you to give out personal details and bank etc details, do not get involved just delete and ignore, there are a couple more of similar type so be careful people, there are enough rogues out there as it is.

Have a great life people & don't let the bugs bite.

4 comments:

Levi said...

As a rule of thumb (in fact, 100% of the time), nothing of value is ever free from a company or business, you've not won any competition you've not entered, and your credit card number should NEVER be given to anyone you have the slightest doubt about.

Scams like these are a huge industry that prey upon the greed and desire of the incredulous and naive. If you know someone like this, lock them up somewhere.

Or send me their address.

Levi said...

*credulous.

Obviously. Whoops.

Thanks for dropping by, Don. I'll give your site a proper read through when I'm not supposed to be working.

Keep up the good work.

ibpurpledragon said...

Do a search on hoax and use one of the many sites to verify that a questionable email is bogus. I get emails from friends every day asking me if this or that is bogus or safe to open. When in doubt, never open something that is in question.
Bill

Donny said...

Thanks Bill, I will use that info, will be handy when uncertain about sites, emails etc.
Cheers
Don